Amarillo, TX

Built in 1910, the grand depot and Harvey House at Amarillo, TX could seat 51 people in the lunch room and 72 in the dining room. This photo shows the track side of the depot as it appeared on April 5, 1995. The iron fence was installed between the depot and the Santa Fe main line when the depot was sold to private interests. The building has changed hands a couple of times since; most recently it was slated to become an antiques shop. ATSF 2-10-4 5000, the "Madame Queen," is displayed in a park behind the depot. Photo by Doyle Davis. Additional photos by Hume Kading from March 14, 1999 and Shane Murphy from July 2003 are available.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects