Brownwood, TX

The depot and Harvey House at Brownwood were built in 1909. After Santa Fe moved out, the depot was used as a restuarant for a time before being restored by the community in 1998 for use as a civic and cultural center. Santa Fe 2-6-2 1080 was moved from a park in town to a location near the depot at the same time. The Brownwood Chamber of commerce has a slideshow of photos of the depot and engine.

Photos by R.J. McKay.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects