Clifton, TX

The Clifton, TX depot was one of only a few GC&SF style depots rebuilt with asbestos siding in the 1950's or 60's, and one of the very few on the system that retained its bay window following the rebuilding. Oddly enough, the bay continued to be painted Colonial Yellow instead of brown or white. R.J. McKay took these photos of Clifton in the 1970's when the depot was still in service. Note the colorlight train order signal. The building was ultimately retired and moved a few blocks away to become the community's police station.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects