Exell and St. Francis, TX depots

These heavily modified buildings were once standard Santa Fe frame depots. The depot on the left in the upper photo came from Exell, TX. It was built in 1931 as a 1910-style 24x48 #2 standard for branchlines, and retired in 1955. The depot on the right was built at St. Francis, TX in 1912, a 16x40 #1 standard for branchlines built to the "obsolete" pre-1910 plans. It was also retired in 1955. Both depots found their way to Glazier, where they were converted into a residence. Glazier's own depots both met with tragedy - the first one burned, and the second was blown apart by a tornado. Photo by David Parsons.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects