Follett, TX

Built in 1918, the Follett depot was a "1910" #4 standard depot for branchlines with a 20-foot extension to the freight room, bringing the total length to 100 feet. The #4 plan specified separate waiting rooms for ladies and gents, but small town passenger business apparently seldom warranted two waiting rooms as standard #3 depots with a single waiting room and extended freight section were much more common. For whatever reason, though, several depots along the Shattuck-Spearman line were built to the #4 plan. Several of those depots were later rebuilt and shortened, but Follett survived intact until retirement in 1974. It purchased by a private party and moved in several pieces to Gage, OK.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects