Happy, TX

The Happy depot was built in 1907 following the pre-1910 #1 standard plans. The 16x40 depot received a 15 foot extension to the freight/baggage room in 1915. At some point in the 1960's, it was rebuilt with asbestos siding, but managed to keep its bay window. The depot survived on-site into the mid-1980's, when it was moved south to Tulia, TX to become an historical display. A Happy ending, to be sure...

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects