Holly, CO was the first station in Colorado along Santa Fe's original main line. The town's county-seat style brick depot was built in 1912, and was one of several built to nearly the same plan that year. Others include the surviving depots at Manzanola and Fowler, CO, and Harper, KS. The photo above shows the depot as it looked in 1990, boarded up and abandoned. In the late 1990's, the community restored the building for use as a chamber of commerce and a visitors' center.
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Colorado
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots
Back to Santa Fe Subjects