Kerrick, TX

Kerrick was one of several 1910-style #3 branch line standard depots with extended freight rooms built along the Amarillo - Las Animas line in the 1930's. Many of these depots had rain gutters built into the roof, which Kerrick retains in this 1983 photo by R.J. McKay. According to Pounds' Santa Fe Depots - The Western Lines, the agency at Kerrick closed in 1961, but the depot remained trackside. At some point, it was covered in the aluminum siding shown here. The structure's present use is unknown, but it remains one of only a handful of frame depots that remain trackside along the former Santa Fe.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects