La Junta, CO
In 1955, this flat-roofed brick structure replaced the elaborate stone and frame depot and Harvey House at La Junta, CO. The architecture of the new depot, such as it was, was typical of Santa Fe brick depots built in the mid-50's. The new depot also replaced the 1 and 2-story frame freight house located a located short distance to the west. Unlike the old depot/Harvey House, the freight house escaped the wrecking ball, and in 1999 was serving, greatly modified, as part of a Purina feed mill.
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Colorado
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots
Back to Santa Fe Subjects