Muleshoe, TX

Muleshoe was built in 1914 as a 24x48 #2 branch line standard depot. It received a 24x32 freight room extension in 1926, and some time in the 1960's, it was resided with white asbestos siding. Many depots on the Western Lines received a similar treatment in the 50's and 60's, but Muleshoe was one of the few that was neither shortened nor stripped of its bay window in the process. Around 1984, the depot was moved off-site to a new museum on the west side of town. The photo shows the nicely restored depot as it looked in 1999. Photo by Brent Frerck.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects