Pampa, TX

In the 1950's, the tracks in front of the Pampa, TX depot were elevated as part of a grade-separation project for a nearby street. The freight room of the depot was raised to the new track level, but the passenger and office portions remained at their original elevation, resulting in an odd split-level appearance. The above view, facing west, was taken by James Babcock in 1958. The view below, from almost the same angle, was taken by below by Doyle Davis in 1999. Note the apparent track realignment over the former platform area. The freight agency closed in 1985, and many of the former freight room doors have been sealed by the BNSF maintenance of way forces that now use the building. More photos are available.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects