The grand SFP&P depot and office building at Prescott, AZ was built in 1907. Originally on the main line, Prescott was bypassed by a line change between Abra and Skull Valley in the 1960's. The branch from Abra to Prescott survived into the early 1980's before being severed by a washout. The Prescott depot was derelict by the early 1990's, but thankfully, better times lay ahead. The view above shows the structure as it appeared in 1998 following refurbishment into office and retail space for several local businesses. Unfortunately, a new building would soon be built in the cleared area in the foreground, making the depot difficult to photograph from the "track" side.
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Arizona
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots
Back to Santa Fe Subjects