San Jacinto, CA

The rather uninspired San Jacinto depot actually began life in 1888 as a fairly attractive frame structure. In 1947, it joined Glendora, Azusa, and Cucamonga (but not Anaheim) in receiving substantial "modernization." Unfortunately, unlike the other three, no "Streamline Moderne" touches were lavished on San Jacinto, and except for the freight doors, virtually no trace of the original frame depot remains. The "block of concrete" continued to serve the Santa Fe until 1978. Nearby Agri-Empire subsequently leased the building for storage, but these April 2000 views by Paul Krot suggest the structure has been abandoned. Additional view by Paul Krot (April 2000) and Evan Werkema (June 1998) are available.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: California

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects