|Texas is such a large state that the early settlers ran out of names for towns and had
to resort to picking random words out of the dictionary. Well, perhaps not, but how else does
one explain town names like Waka, Happy, and Earth? |
The Waka, TX depot was a "1910" standard #1 for branch lines built in 1929. It had a few unusual features, including a waiting room door on the end as well as the front, and horizontal bars on the lower portion of the windows. The depot was retired in 1956 and moved to a location east of Gage, OK, where it stood abandoned in 1990.
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots
Back to Santa Fe Subjects