Water Tank and Pumphouse at Higgins, TX
The water tank at Higgins survived the devastating 1947 tornado that destroyed the depot
and most of the town. By 1990, the replacement depot was gone too, replaced by the station
sign just visible on the right beyond the poleline, but the tank and concrete
pumphouse remained. Both structures have since been removed.
Back to the Santa Fe Surviving Water Facilities
Back to Santa Fe Subjects