Entire contents copyright © 2012 by Five Chime Consultants. All rights reserved. Recordings and other contents on this site are made available for personal use only. No portion of the material contained on this site may be copied, reproduced, pasted, reposted, redistributed, broadcast, or published in any form or media without the prior written permission of Five Chime Consultants.
Credits and Thanks:
Thanks to Jim Evans, President of Five Chime Consultants and catalyst for
this project; Evan Werkema, for the site design; Larry Goss, for assistance
with photography; Ron Chamberlain for additional information and photographs; Brent Lee for additional photographs and information; Fred Berry for technical information, Ed Kaspriske, Dennis McCurry, and Ray Weart for additional photos,
and Railfan.net for providing the space for the site. Thanks to the also to Jim Evans, Randy Cape, Ron Chamberlain, Dave Decker, Dan Furtado, Larry Goss, Michael Johannessen, Ed Kaspriske, Brent Lee, Mike Muha, David Safdy, Bob Smith, and Evan Werkema for the use of their air horn recordings, and Pacific Automotive of Burlingame, CA for allowing us to record their Hancock 4700.
- Berry, Fred, "The Swanson Horns From A to K," Horn & Whistle, Iss. 57 (May/Jun 1993), p. 12-16.
- Berry, Fred, "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About the K5LA but Were Afraid to Ask," Horn &
Whistle, No. 76 (Summer 1997), pp. 4-7.
- Berry, Fred, "The P-Unit Primer," Horn & Whistle, Iss. 25 (Jul/Aug 1986), pp. 12-17.
- Chapman, Lin, "The Hancock Type 4700 Air Whistle," Horn & Whistle, Iss. 33 (May/June
- Ellsworth, Deane H., "--o- Guide, Part 1," Extra 2200 South, Iss. 48 (Sept/Oct 1974), pp. 25-27.
- Ellsworth, Deane H., "--o- Guide, Part 2," Extra 2200 South, Iss. 49 (Nov/Dec 1974), pp. 23-25.
- Ellsworth, Deane H., note on K-5LA, Extra 2200 South, Iss. 59 (Jan/Feb/Mar 1977), p. 15.
- Graham-White, Sean, "Wail of the Whistle," CTC Board Railroads Illustrated, Iss. 249 (Jul 1999), p. 58.
- Williamson, Bill, "Wabco Horns," Horn & Whistle, Iss. 61 (Jan/Feb 1994), pp. 10-17.
- Zenk, Robert J., "The LESLIE Air Horn," Mainline Modeler, Sept/Oct 1980, p. 34-39.