Black, TX

The Black, TX depot was one of several "1895" standard #1 depots built along the main line in Texas after the 1910 standards had been adopted. Unlike the newer standard plan, the older design featured a separate gable for the bay window, a different position for the baggage room door, and no roof brackets of any kind. Compare this picture of Black to the 1910-standard #1 depot at Hoehnes, CO. Black was built in 1912 and retired 60 years later. Originally moved to Amarillo, TX for use as a private workshop, it was later relocated north of Hereford, TX, where it serves as a private guest house. Photo by David Parsons.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects