Colorado Springs, CO freight depot
This small stone structure, and a now-gone freight shed attached to the south (left) side, was Santa Fe's original freight depot in Colorado Springs. It was built in 1899 near Santa Fe's more decorative stone passenger depot. The passenger station was replaced by a large brick depot and hotel in 1918. An express building was built just south of the 1918 depot, and in 1944 it was converted into a freight depot to replace the stone structure. The headhouse of the stone freight depot passed into private hands, and appeared to be abandoned when this photo was taken in 1999.
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Colorado
Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots
Back to Santa Fe Subjects