Booker, TX

The Booker depot started life as an extended 1910-style #4 standard depot for branchlines. A 20-foot extension to the freight room brought the total length to 100 feet. The depot at nearby Follett, TX was identical. Unlike Follett, which survived more or less unmodified until retirement, Booker was extensively rebuilt and shortened in 1965. The resulting 49 foot long structure lacked a bay window and was clad in asbestos siding, modifications also visited upon the depot at Perryton, TX and numerous other depots across the system. The Booker depot was retired in 1983 and moved to Robertson Park, about two blocks north of its original location. Photo by David Parsons.

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots: Texas

Back to Santa Fe Surviving Depots

Back to Santa Fe Subjects